Parents, please remind your children to take special care around electricity.
Follow these 12 simple safety tips and always Play It Safe Around Electricity.
- Never fly your kite near power lines; always find an open space.
- Never climb trees near power lines.
- Never put fingers or other objects near electrical outlets.
- Never go near downed power lines or substations.
- Keep ladders and TV antennas away from power lines.
- Never use radios, hair dryers, or any electrical appliance near the bathtub.
- Stay away from all electrical equipment (meters, transformers, etc.) or wherever you see warning signs.
- Don't touch anything electrical when you are wet.
- Stay away from the work area and the truck where line technicians are working.
- Don't swim or play outside on a stormy day. Remember, water and tall things attract lighting.
- Never pull a plug out by the cord.
- Obey all safety signs.