Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation is the founding member of the Bluewater Power Group of Companies. Headquartered in Sarnia Ontario, Bluewater Power distributes power to over 35,000 customers in six Sarnia-Lambton communities. The Group of Companies also includes the following independent market driven private Corporations: Electek Power Services Inc., Bluewater Power Services Corporation, Bluewater Power Renewable Energy Inc., Unconquered Sun Solar Technologies Inc. and Bluewater Regional Networks Inc.
Bluewater Power Distribution is looking for an Associate Lawyer. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and in addition, will assist the Director, Regulatory and Customer Service.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to review and draft contracts, as assigned.
- Assist with and review filings with various regulatory authorities.
- Assist with and review applications/submissions to the Ontario Energy Board including statistical and financial analysis.
- Monitor industry issues and regulatory developments and analyze/recommend appropriate course of action.
- Provide advice to other operating departments related to contracts, property matters, regulatory compliance and general legal issues.
- Responsible to review and draft
- Excellent academic credentials with an LLB/JD.
- Minimum of one (1) year of legal experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Experience in regulatory compliance and proficiency with statistical and financial analysis.
- Experience working in the Electrical Power/Utility sector considered ideal.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Energy Board rules and regulations preferable.
- Strong technical legal, research and drafting skills.
- Strong statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision or direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy.
Interested, qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by, 4:00 pm, Tuesday, June 19, 2018 to:
Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 2140
855 Confederation Street
Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7L6
or email: email@example.com
Include in the subject line: Associate Lawyer
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank you in advance for your interest in Bluewater Power, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.