Design Technologist / Technician
Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation requires a DESIGN TECHNOLOGIST/TECHNICIAN.
Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation has an opening for a Design Technologist/Technician, reporting to the Manager of Design Services. This is a permanent full-time position. The successful applicant will be hired on a six (6) month contract and upon successful completion of the contract will be appointed to permanent status. The Design Technologist/Technician will be responsible for all aspects involved in the designing and estimating of the overhead and underground electrical distribution system.
- Experience and knowledge in designing and preparing cost estimates, contracts, and work order packages for various electricity distribution system projects including overhead, underground (for new, rebuilds or upgrades), new service design (residential, subdivisions, commercial, industrial), and obtain all necessary approvals required for construction in accordance with approved standards.
- Project management and construction site inspection to ensure work is done in accordance with our Construction Verification Program.
- Engineering design and analytical support for the utility in areas of system planning, system design, system control, preventative maintenance planning, and capital budget planning.
- Assist in the development of the tools, programs and processes necessary for improved system planning, analysis, system records, engineering and construction standards and system operation and maintenance.
- Electrical knowledge, both practical and theoretical as it applies to the electrical distribution system.
- Proficient skills with the use of computers and software; in particular with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applicants must have an excellent safety record and strong safety awareness.
- Excellent analytical skills, creative problem solving skills and proven time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to interact with both internal and external clients
- Graduate of a three year Community College Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology and/or a two year Electrical Engineering Technician course or a suitable equivalent.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills capable of multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment.
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the engineering field.
- Registration with O.A.C.E.T.T. as a C. Tech or as a current Associate Member is also preferred.
Interested, qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume detailing their experience and accomplishments by Monday, May 1, 2017 to:
Bluewater Power Services
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 2140, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7L6
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank you in advance for your interest in Bluewater Power, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.