G. Firman Bentley
Chairman of the BoardLearn More
For the past 100 years, Bluewater Power Distribution Corporation have provided power to the people of the Sarnia-Lambton area.
In 1916, Sarnia City Council passed a bylaw that allowed for the creation of the Sarnia Hydro-Electric Commission, a utilities company that would grow over the course of a century to become the Bluewater Power of today.
Over the course of those hundred years, we’ve moved from small offices on North Front Street in Sarnia to much larger offices on Confederation Street. We’ve seen the power network grow and develop, the demand for electricity continue to rise and the coming and going of a huge number of technological advancements.
We’ve also expanded our network to the neighbouring municipalities of Petrolia, Point Edward, Alvinston, Warwick and Oil Springs and have gone from serving 10,000 households in 1916 to serving over 35,000 households across six Sarnia-Lambton communities today.